Please feel free to use any of the vintage images on the website in your artwork. Be sure to share your artwork with us. This is a labor of love and I love to see what you create. Please do not post the original unaltered image on the web but post your artwork and link back to this site for the original image. Please do not sell or post the image alone or in a collection without my permission. Thank you. I can't wait to see what you create!


Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Digital Two For Tuesday 5

Well here we go another week of Digital Two For Tuesday. Thank you to all who have participated so far. I hope this week more people will take the challenge and create something amazing with these two images. All the rules for the challenges are in the side bar. If you do not plan to participate but are enjoying the images please let me know. I love encouragement. This week's guest hostess is Annabelle. She is a Mississippi girl currently living in Illinois with my wonderful husband & 4 kitties (Elvis, Rufus, Louis & Harry). She has been doing some sort of craft project ever since she can remember. In her words "I think I've probably tried almost everything! But paper has always been my first love. When I was little, nothing was more exciting than a new pad of paper & a pen, pencils or crayons. Playing with digital images in PaintShop is also something I love to do. Combining digital images & paper is just so wonderful...there's no limit to what can be created! Add my beloved Cricut & SCAL software to the mix and I am in heaven! Now if only I had more time to spend in my studio! (Oh, and PhotoShop...I'd love to have PhotoShop.)"

Annabelle's directions: Using PaintShop Pro, the white was removed from the digital stamps and then resized. Those images were pasted into the "R.A. Geoffroy" image. The image was then printed and colored with watercolor pencils...then distressed by tearing, folding & chalking it with medium brown. The letters & photo corners were painted with white acrylic paint, sanded & chalked. The papers were adhered to the notebook & then the edges were sanded. The image, letters & photo corners were adhered on top.



Material List:

Printed papers: K&Company
Digital stamps: Cora Harkin's Collection
Digital image: Cora Harkin's Collection
Composition book
Chipboard letters
Wooden photo corners
White acrylic paint
Medium brown chalk
Watercolor pencils
Sobo Craft Glue

You can see more of Annabelle's work on her blog Simple Pleasures.

6 comments:

  1. blogger is playing up again.. second try
    nice to use it as a bookcover

    mine can be seen here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this is too cute, I love sillouettes!
    sp?
    just posted to my blog.
    Thanks for the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Late getting mine done but still wanted to post it. Just put it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have finally put together a Birthday card with your silhouette image. Thanks Cora!
    http://stamptv.ning.com/photo/blue-tan-birthday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you.