Please feel free to use any of the vintage images on the website in your artwork. Be sure to share your artwork with us. This is a labor of love and I love to see what you create. Please do not post the original unaltered image on the web but post your artwork and link back to this site for the original image. Please do not sell or post the image alone or in a collection without my permission. Thank you. I can't wait to see what you create!


Saturday, January 4, 2014

Celebration Day 4

We are at Day 4 and each day our guest designers have amazed me.  Today's skillful designer Lynette Neus does not disappoint.  Lynette has taken one image from the blog and made two completely different cards.  It is exciting to see how this sweet image can be used in different ways in the hands of a brilliant artist.  You can see more of her work on her blog My Stamping Addiction.

I hope you are inspired to make something with an image from my blog and share it with us as part of this celebration.

Here is Lynette's bio and descriptions of her cards in her own words.


“I have been married to my wonderful husband, Jim, for almost forty years. We have a son and a daughter, both of whom are married. We also have five grandchildren – four boys and a princess. Two of them were born this past year. We are so lucky! I have always been a crafter. I’ve about done it all except knitting. I have been card-making for about eleven years and still love it. Besides the fun of making the cards, there is also the fun of accumulating supplies and meeting such wonderful fellow crafters!”

Both of my cards use a flower image from June 10. I colored them both with Copics. The first one is a stair-step card. I embossed the background piece on the card front with a Sizzix folder. The sentiment is from The Paper Company Studio. The numbers were cut with Cuttlebug dies.

The image on the second card was cut with a Spellbinders Labels 27 die. I slightly sponged with some light blue ink before removing the die. The background paper is from Recollections. The sentiment is the same as the first card. I scored a few lines on it with my Martha Stewart scoring board.

7 comments:

  1. Oh what beautiful cards Lynnette - these are not only beautifully coloured, but also fabulously presented. Love them.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are beautiful with those precious colored flowers!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutley beautiful Lynette.
    Love your colouring on the images.
    Fabulous cards !

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am enjoying your celebration - these projects are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Lynette, you did these images up so beautifully! Each one is very differently presented and equally gorgeous. I do have this image saved and will love to color it someday. I especially love the second one with the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynette, Your cards are gorgeous! I love the colors and the images. So glad you shared them. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  7. so very pretty, love the glitter added to them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you.