Please feel free to use any of the vintage images on the website in your artwork. Be sure to share your artwork with us. This is a labor of love and I love to see what you create. Please do not post the original unaltered image on the web but post your artwork and link back to this site for the original image. Please do not sell or post the image alone or in a collection without my permission. Thank you. I can't wait to see what you create!


Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Digital Two for Tuesday 55 - Join the Party

Well today is the last day of the Alice in Wonderland images and to celebrate all things Alice, our guest host Julia has created 2 amazing projects.  I hope you join the celebration and create something amazing too. I have also found another amazing site with lots of digital images from antique books including Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. Check it out Lenny's Alice in Wonderland Site.The images are a nice size. So if you haven't had enough Alice. This is your site.

 Here is Julia's bio in her own words.

"When I was a little girl a liked crafting and drawing/coloring a lot. I think most children like it. Then I grow up…and there was a big gap in my crafting… until September 2009 when I decided to learn how to work with Adobe Photoshop. I discovered for myself the world of digital scrap and loved to play with all kinds of brushes and textures. I also came across blogs of people which did “real scrapbooking”, and I admired it but I thought that it’s not for me… J But the little girl that still lived inside of my soul and loved crafting woke up and said that should try it! I tried… and felt in love with it! Probably it was time for me to get back to what I really am, to myself real…

So I am quite new to this world. I like scrapbooking, cardmaking, ATC, mixed media and altered art and I also like to try something new. As for styles, now I feel that I prefer vintage and shabby chic. I’ m glad that my hobby let me meet a lot of interesting and talented people.

Here is my card and set of tags. They turned out to be a kind of shabby J.
As for the card, I colored the picture with watercolor pencils, distressed them with Tattered Rose and Old Paper. Then I stitched the picture and wordings to a piece of scrap paper, added Prima flower, vintage button, punched Marta Stewart branches and 3D glitter.
On the tags I outlined watercolored pictures with 3D glitter, added wording, ribbons and bead." 

You can see more of Julia's beautiful and inspirational artwork work on her blog Astra-Scrap.

2 comments:

  1. Hi thank you so much for the freebies I have loved all of the alice series as for the card and tags they are beautiful will check out julias blog ju x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the freebies! I have posted a card in my blog (and for your benefit some of the text is translated to English): http://gunvors.blogg.se/2010/july/mera-digitala-stamplar-och-en-utlottning.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you.