Please feel free to use any of the vintage images on the website in your artwork. Be sure to share your artwork with us. This is a labor of love and I love to see what you create. Please do not post the original unaltered image on the web but post your artwork and link back to this site for the original image. Please do not sell or post the image alone or in a collection without my permission. Thank you. I can't wait to see what you create!


Monday, January 18, 2010

Digital Two For Tuesday 32




This week I have two very different images for you. They are from a very old book called Santa Claus from the 1880's. There are so many fun line drawings in this book. I just love the frog images. You can do so much with them. Hopefully, I will find some time to photograph my cards from this week's images and post them on my site Paper Flowers. I'm so busy posting images I never get around to photographing my projects.
Ok, so our guest designers never cease to amaze me and this week's hostess Kym is no exception. I gave her two very diverse images and she created two very exciting cards. Here is her bio in her own words. "My name is Kym and I am a wife and mum to two boys aged 17 and 13. I took up cardmaking in December 2004 by cutting up my previous years’ Christmas cards, sticking on a card and adding an embellishment. I cringe when I think back then and that I gave these kinds of cards to people!! In January 2005 I was in hospital for 7 weeks and then off sick a grand total of 11 months. It was during that time off I came across Dawn Bibby and her shows helped me through a difficult time. It also made me decide that all the cards I make I would give 50% of everything made to charity. I have come a long way card-wise since then and at the beginning of December I celebrated raising £1,000 for many different charities in 4 years by the selling of my cards. That was a highlight for me in 2009 and another one was that I actually got to meet Dawn Bibby in her shop when my husband took me away for my 40th birthday. It made the time away even more special. I so enjoy making my cards and enjoy taking part in challenges as I am always being taken away from my comfort zone. This is my first ever guest appearance and I feel very proud and excited. I hope you like what I have made for you. If you would like to see more please visit me at http://kyms-crafty-cards.blogspot.com/"



The image has been imported into My Craft Studio (MCS) and I put some frames around it and a backing sheet from Walk in Wonderland and printed out. The image I coloured in with Promarkers and used Sakura Clear Stardust pen (no700) to accent the image in places and I did some faux stitching around the edges of the frames. I rubbed a piece of Coredinations card stock with an emery board to age/distress and then scraped along the edge with a craft knife to distress it/make it ragged. I did the same with the digital image sheet. The Coredinations card stock I stamped around with a Kay Carley flourish stamp and Crimsen Red Versafine. I then wet the edges of both sheets with Versamark then put on gold embossing powder and heated it up. I then put the card together with a bow pinched from a box of chocolates we haven’t even eaten yet (don’t tell on me!!!), some glittery gemstones, some card candy and finally some lace with was originally white but didn’t fit in with the colour scheme so I coloured in with my Umber Promarker.


I found four different but toning backing colours in My Craft Studio and layered it all up. I added a flourish in each corner and then placed the flower image in the middle. I then printed it out and coloured in the image with Promarkers using a mixture of pinks/light purples for the flowers and I used a gold Sakura pen for the stamens. I then printed out the backing paper from an Artylicious Damask Delights CD onto a purple pearlescent paper which made it very faint but this was the effect I wanted. The main image was decoupage and then put on some gold mirror card and 3d foam pads to elevate for more dimension. The card was then finished off with some card candy, a ticket sentiment and some purple fibres.

11 comments:

  1. Oh wow these are gorgeous the colouring is subtle and shows these wonderful images off to perfection. I love the frames used the creativity and inspiration is awesome.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! two stunning creations, Kym.
    You've really made these images come to life...your colouring and finishing off is perfect.
    Beautiful work :-)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took the challenge this week. Here are my two cards.
    http://paperflowers1.blogspot.com/2010/01/2-cards-for-digital-two-for-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow they have been done beautifully mine is
    here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kym. Congrats on your first spotlight!! How exciting. Your cards are lovely and I love the coloring. I've never tried ProMarkers before, but you have made me want to consider them!!

    Cora I LOVE these images. I will try to post my project later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what great cards! but chocolates that have not been eaten!??! that would never happen at my house... giggles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful cards. Thank you for sharing these with us. And thanks again for some lovely images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for more gorgeous images Cora, and thanks for the inspiration too Kym. Both images are lovely, i've used the floral one to make a card you can see it on my blog
    http://clairescraftycreations.blogspot.com/2010/01/spring-flowers.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I posted another card.

    http://paperflowers1.blogspot.com/2010/01/another-two-for-tuesday-valentine.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sorry I know I am late but I had problems uploading my photos to the my blog :-( and I thought you might still be interested to have a look. My favourites were the little frogs. Thank you so much for sharing all these images! Petra.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the frames used the creativity and inspiration is awesome.


    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you.