Please feel free to use any of the vintage images on the website in your artwork. Be sure to share your artwork with us. This is a labor of love and I love to see what you create. Please do not post the original unaltered image on the web but post your artwork and link back to this site for the original image. Please do not sell or post the image alone or in a collection without my permission. Thank you. I can't wait to see what you create!


Monday, January 11, 2010

Digital Two for Tuesday 31



This week's exciting guest designer Debbi Harris is from South Africa. She has an amazing use of color and texture in her work. I love all the accents she adds to her cards. Here is her bio in her own words."This is my first guest appearance which I am thrilled about. I am a proud wife and Mom to 2 gorgeous children. My son Nic is 13 years old and daughter, Sasha is 11 years. I live in fabulous, sunny Cape Town in South Africa. Rubber Stamping has been a passion of mine for the past 14 years and I have hosted many swaps on our South African Internet group. I enjoy making cards, ATC's, Inchies, Twinchies, Moo's and chunky books. My blog is http://dkhdesigns.blogspot.com/ if you would like to see more of my artwork, please leave a comment if you visit."



I have coloured the image with Aquarelle pencils blended with a Dove blender and embellished with flock and Stickles glitter glue. The background has been sponged with Distress Ink Antique Linen using Inkssentials Ink blending tool. All the edges of the layers of card have been sponged with Brilliance Pearlescent chocolate. The image is mounted onto brown card and then onto 2 layers of scrapbook paper and then matted onto another layer of the brown and finally onto a cream folded card. The card is finished off with a cellphone sticker.



I have coloured the image with Aquarelle pencils blended with a Dove blender and the fairy's crown is embellished with self adhesive pearls. The background and the edges of all the layers have been sponged with Distress Ink Antique Linen using Inkssentials Ink blending tool. The image is mounted onto dark turquoise card and then onto a layer of scrapbook paper and then matted onto another layer of the dark turquoise and finally onto a beige folded card. The card is finished off with turquoise lace and a paper flower that I have embellished with pearls as shown in the photo.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the cute images, Cora. Debbie, I really like your sample cards especially the second one in blue. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it just me, but when I click on the image nothing happens. I really appreciate you letting uds use these images though, they are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the cute images --- great job Debbi on the cards. Really like that blue one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Debbie. Love the color choices and the embellishments. These images are adorable. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the beautiful images..they are so gorgeous!!
    The cards are great!!
    Greetings from Holland!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's what I did with the second image.....
    http://estherscardcreations.blogspot.com/2010/01/atc-valentines.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous images, I love poppies so i've made a card using that image, you can see it here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you do with the images!

    blessings and thanks

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used the 2 angels in a card I have posted Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for posting these. Here is one of the images worked into a card.

    http://fiberbubble.blogspot.com/2010/02/smashed-poppies-cake.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you for the beautiful images. i made some cards using your stamps. thank you!

    http://cabbiejanescrapper.blogspot.com/2010/04/fun-with-digital-stamps.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cora
    Thanks for your beautiful images. Thanks!
    I did a card with the fairy4, you can see it:
    http://sonia-studio60.blogspot.com/2011/04/girly-card.html

    -Sony

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you.