Please feel free to use any of the vintage images on the website in your artwork. Be sure to share your artwork with us. This is a labor of love and I love to see what you create. Please do not post the original unaltered image on the web but post your artwork and link back to this site for the original image. Please do not sell or post the image alone or in a collection without my permission. Thank you. I can't wait to see what you create!


Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Digital Two for Tuesday 54

This week we have two images from a very old version of Alice In Wonderland from the turn of the 19th century.  When I saw the book filled with the images we all know and love I knew I had to buy it and post them here.  So this week and next we will be celebrating Alice. This week's guest designer is Susan from Southern New Jersey.  She has an amazing sense of color and design.  You can see more of her work on her blog.  Here is her bio in her own words.

"I have been an artist in one form or another since I was old enough to wield a crayon! I have done all forms of needlework except for knitting. My husband and I have done wood working, he does most of the cutting and putting together I do the painting, I used to oil paint all the time...landscapes. I have done many, many folk art and other crafts, candle making, working with pinecones and sea shells and driftwood etc. I took one semester of "ceramics' in college and found I was better with slab clay than the potter's wheel, LOL...they picked a large Salad bowl of mine to display on site and then it was part of a traveling show.

Over the years since doing Paper crafts and mixed media, I have had a handful of my creations published by ARTchix studios to become part of her collage sheets etc. I have never taken the time to submit anything to magazines, but my friends urge me to all the time. I have won several Scrap book Layout contests. I do go to craft shows with my cards and other paper crafts...stationery sets, etc. I also do a lot of rubber stamping and I make tumbled stone coasters.

I started making ATCs about 5-6 years ago, and then graduating to 4 x 4 chunky pages also. I am an active card maker for "Operation Write Home" which is an awesome organization that the participants make home made greeting cards and they get send in big boxes over seas to our enlisted, so that they have cards to use to send home for loved ones etc. This has become quite a passion of mine.

Some of my work is splattered here and there throughout my blog, and there is a slide show down at the bottom.

Here is a finished ALICE ATC, and an ALICE TAG BOOK (in progress) this is going to be a favorite drink recipe book, that will be gifted to Cora at Two for Tuesday when I am finished with it.

The ATC is colored with Prismacolor pencils and blending pencil, then I used Tea Stain distress ink and Black Soot distress inks to antique it. I then added some Prima flowers and a black rhinestone. I love how it came out, and I hope you all of also.

The tag book pages are made of mica flake card stock I am using Rubber stamps, and Distress inks, printed images and Prismacolor pencils I also intend on adding buttons and flowers and ribbons to this when completed. The front of each tag will be decorated and the back will be a favorite drink recipe."

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE Alice in Wonderland, thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Alice in Wonderland, my favorite story. I'd love to see more of these wonderful illustrations.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. great images I love alice thanks so much ju x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those two images look SO familiar! I think I must have the same book you took these from. Thanks so much for sharing! Love the vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these images; thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will send pictures from the tag book to you when finished before getting your info to send the book to you. I am glad you are offering 2 more Alice images next week, I will incorporate them into the tag book! (The ATC is 1 of 2...the flowers are not identical but close, so you'll actually get one of those also)

    Hope my tardiness won't keep me from being a guest host in the future.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cora...thank you so much for these images! I used to have a copy of this Alice book. It was destroyed in a flood when I was young. How I wish I had it back again!
    Hugs,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Susan did a great job with these images! She must have spent a lot of time getting the coloring just right!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First time visiting your blog - I love it. Became a follower and look forward to visiting often. I love it!
    Blessings, Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you.