Please feel free to use any of the vintage images on the website in your artwork. Be sure to share your artwork with us. This is a labor of love and I love to see what you create. Please do not post the original unaltered image on the web but post your artwork and link back to this site for the original image. Please do not sell or post the image alone or in a collection without my permission. Thank you. I can't wait to see what you create!


Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Digital Two for Tuesday 42

Welcome to Digital Two for Tuesday.  The digital challenge site.  Each week we post two images for you to play with and hopefully share your projects with the group.  There are almost 300 followers of this site now and I am amazed at how much we have grown in such a short time. 
The images this week are from The Designer magazine August 1901.  It is one of my favorite magazine's I own.  The Designer was put out by Standard Fashion Company in NYC.

This week's guest designer is Petra.  She has given us two beautiful project to inspire us to take the challenge.  I love the vintage feel of her work.  Here is a bio and description of her projects in her own words. "Hi, I am Petra and being a bit of a craft addict I immensely enjoy anything to do with crafting. But only about two years ago almost by accident I discovered vintage images and the art of altering images digitally ... and I love it! Thank you so much to Cora for giving me the chance to be this week's guest designer. Cora's images are always truly amazing and this week is no exception but I must admit that they proved to be a real challenge for me.

The Sailing Lady turned into a Travel Tag: I stripped the image of the Sailing Lady leaving just the woman, the rail and life belt, and layered it digitally with a boat scenery and lots of suitcases.

To make sure that everybody knows that she has gone fishing, I made a door or wall hanger 'I am fishing'. This time the image has been left unchanged. I coloured it with chalks, colour pencils and Copics and gave it a frame. If you would like to know all details of this projects, you are very welcome to visit my blog post at //kunterbuntcottage.blogspot.com/ "


8 comments:

  1. beautiful cards and thank you for the gorgeous images... love them both ;)

    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great images, Cora. Both samples are lovely, Petra. I especially like the wall hanging. It's perfect for those of use who are "fisher women"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Cora! These are so charming, and I already have a use for one of these images as a birthday card. Thank you for sharing your time and talents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Petra, you did creative and unique cards!!!
    http://wwwpeggysamusement.blogspot.com/2010/03/two-for-tuesday_29.html

    Great images!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing! Petra has made 2 fabulous projects with these images. I especially like the lady on the Cruise ship.
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My entry is on my blog here

    http://jeanette-h20creations.blogspot.com/2010/03/just-fluttering-by-on-weds-morning.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfull creations, very unique. Did very well with Cora images. I love this blog and the people who come and visit. It is always full of unique suprises, that we do not see every where. Bravo girls! To Petra and Cora

    fany

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there!
    I was inspired to create this card with the image of the lady sailing. You can see the card on my blog here!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you.