Please feel free to use any of the vintage images on the website in your artwork. Be sure to share your artwork with us. This is a labor of love and I love to see what you create. Please do not post the original unaltered image on the web but post your artwork and link back to this site for the original image. Please do not sell or post the image alone or in a collection without my permission. Thank you. I can't wait to see what you create!


Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Digital Two For Tuesday 18

Here are two new images for this week. These are both originally from an old advertising booklet from the late 1800's. The second image of the bottles is small and better used for accents and inchies. This weeks's guest artist is Cathryn. I love Cathryn's sense of style, her use of papers and her beautiful coloring. I know you are going to love her work as well. One of the things I love the most about have guest designers is seeing how different people use the images. I hope you will be inspired by these awesome projects. Here is Cathryn's Bio: "I live in Omaha, NE with my husband, with whom I just celebrated my 39th Anniversary. We have 4 adult children, 3 crafty girls and a son who works construction. We have 12 grandchildren ranging in age from 16 to 2 mo with #13 arriving in Feb.

I have always loved are and crafty things. I have done Tole Painting, I have sewn all my life. I made rag quilts and then I found rubber stamping!

I went to a Stampin Up party that my daughter had and I was hooked. I became a SU demonstrator but life got in the way of building it as a business and after being my own best customer and discovering there were tons of other Rubber stamp companies out there I just went with what I liked.

I would consider my style for Vintage stamps or images as modern vintage where I love the images but I love to color them with copics and use distress inks and sponging to create the vintage effect.

Fact is, I love to color, My motto is: You never outgrow your need to Color! That's my story and I'm stickin to it!!! I think of my coloring as an art form and it makes me feel good. I get really grumpy when I don't get to color for a few days. Does that make me addicted? Maybe, but it gives me a real sense of accomplishment when i look at a card I have created and say " I really like the way that turned out".


Copics is my weapon of choice. I am copic certified to teach but there isn't really any place in Omaha to teach and I stay busy with my full time job and my 4 DT's. I hope that you like my samples. Cora chooses wonderful images for us each week.

I was thrilled when Cora asked me to be a Guest Designer and it has been so much fun to get to play with these images first :).

I hope that you play along with us and I look forward to seeing what you create!!!"

Check out Cathy's blog: http://inkitupstampitout.blogspot.com/









6 comments:

  1. These images are great! Cathryn I LOVE both of these cards!! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just gorgeous projects! VERY well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathryn - both cards are sweet. I especially like what you've done with the smaller image. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great images, and beautiful work cathryn. Mine is on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects - they look just great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what gorgeous projects!!!

    this is my first time to this blog, and I am hooked for LIFE!!!! I am all about everything vintage and have such a hard time finding the right things to meet my digi needs. thank you for being there right when I needed you!!! :D oh happy day! I will be happy to play with these lovely images!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you.